NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 4:00 AM
Jerry Seinfeld’s reason for the six-show residency: There’s no place like home.
Jerry Seinfeld will soon be the master of a very famous domain.
The Brooklyn-born funnyman announced Tuesday he will perform a six-show residency at the Beacon Theatre. His reason: There’s no place like home.
“I did a benefit for my wife’s charity (at the Beacon) a few weeks ago and I was doing this thing about people who tell you, ‘YOU would love it’ when they’re trying to get you to do something. ‘YOU have to go,’ Seinfeld told the Daily News. “That’s a New York thing and the laugh I got here from that was different from anyplace else. I like that.”
The 61-year-old comedian was inspired to do his extended homestand by Long Island native Billy Joel, who’s in the thick of a Madison Square Garden residency that kicked off at the start of 2014. Fittingly, it was hearing Joel sing “New York State of Mind” in New York that set the tone for Seinfeld.
“It sounds different, it feels different than when he does it in Charlotte,” explained Seinfeld.
“Jerry Seinfeld: The Home Stand” will kick off Jan. 7. Seinfeld will then perform once a month with shows to follow on Feb. 18, March 2, April 14, May 5 and June 8.
MORE PARTY THAN ART FOR THIS CROWD
– Art Basel is in full swing in Miami with Bombay Sapphire’s sixth annual artisan series finale party hosted by Russell Simmons and Rosario Dawson Friday in the Beach Tents at the new Nautilus Hotel . . . Bounce Sporting Club and Hyde Beach will host a live art installation by artist Jay West . . . Calypso St. Barth brings its boutique beachside Thursday to Sunday at Soho Beach House . . . Dream South Beach will have a pool party hosted by social media celebrity YESJULZ on Sunday at Highbar.
NAOMI INVADES THE ‘EMPIRE’
– Supermodel Naomi Campbell will return to Fox’s “Empire” as the seductive cougar Camilla Mark. On Wednesday, the catwalking Campbell, 45, turns up on the show to continue her pursuit of her former flame, played by 22-year-old Bryshere Gray. And this won’t be a hit-and run. Campbell will appear in several upcoming episodes, we’re told.
JANE’S CO-STAR SMELLS A RAT
– At an event to promote Febreze deodorizer, “Glee” star Jane Lynch told us she never smells bad. “I could go three or four days (without a shower) and not smell,” the actress told us. But her former co-star on the hit musical series begs to differ. “I can tell you that she does,” Matthew Morrison told [email protected] at the launch of their “12 stinks of Christmas” video. “I’ve danced with her on set for hours.”
KENDALL IS A SCREAM QUEEN
– Reality star Kendall Jenner does double duty in the latest issue of Love magazine by dressing up as a hammerhead shark, then dressing down for a shower scene that has her screaming like there’s a monster in her bathtub. Jenner’s shark shoot might conjure up memories from Steven Spielberg’s 1975 classic “Jaws,” but there’s no mistaking that the shower scene was borrowed from Alfred Hitchcock’s 1960 classic “Psycho.”
Miranda Lambert on the cover of the January issue of Cosmopolitan.
COX-BLOCKED BY FIANCÉ
– “Friends” star Courteney Cox and Snow Patrol guitarist Johnny McDaid have ended their engagement. Radaronline.com, which broke the story, claims the split was McDaid’s doing and that “Courteney is just blown out of the water by this.” The split reportedly happened less than a month before Cox, 51, and McDaid, 39, were to have thrown a “pre-wedding celebration.” Radaronline also says McDaid has moved out of Cox’s Los Angeles home and headed back to Ireland.
ALBA HAS A BALL
– Actress and business magnate Jessica Alba took one for the team in Beverly Hills on Tuesday. The Honest Company founder had a big blue ball bounce off her chic blue hat while playing catch with her husband Cash Warren and their kids Honor, 7, and Haven, 4. Perhaps her next project will be creating a nontoxic and ethically made helmet for moms who need to work on their ball handling skills.
MIRANDA EXERCISES HER RIGHT TO CRY
– Singer Miranda Lambert’s interview in January’s Cosmopolitan magazine reads like a country and Western song. Talking about getting over her split from hubby Blake Shelton — who ran off with his TV colleague Gwen Stefani — Lambert confessed, “Some of that might mean nights on my porch crying, drinking whisky and going, ‘Man, this sucks right now.’ I don’t necessarily want to know that I have had really bad, long, lonely nights ahead of me, but I have had some, and I still have a bunch ahead of me.”
Sofia Vergara and hubby Joe Manganiello shared a photo of their honeymoon on Instagram.
SO FAR, SO GOOD FOR SO-JOE
– Just imagine the honeymoon these two must have had. Super-sexy newlyweds Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello posted this Instagram photo from the Turks and Caicos, where they wound down their honeymoon on Monday after tying the knot in Palm Beach, Fla., on Nov. 22. People magazine reported that Vergara, 43, and Manganiello, 38, stayed on a 1,000-acre private island. Vergara has already checked back into work on ABC’s “Modern Family.”
MIRREN & MOORE ARE EASY TO ADORE
– Helen Mirren and Julianne Moore get in some quality time at the 2015 Gotham Awards, where Mirren was honored for her ongoing career of excellence. Robert De Niro introduced the Oscar-winning “The Queen” actress with some royal flattery. “The queen was not a majesty I would like to… well, let’s just say she wasn’t my royal MILF,” he said. “That was before I saw her played by Helen Mirren.”
HAYEK SHINES IN PARIS
Salma Hayek brings the glam to the premiere of “La Prophete” in Paris.
VON TEESE GARBED ON RADIO
Burlesque queen Dita Von Teese comes fully clothed to the SiriusXM studios in Midtown.
KEITH KNOCKS MICK
“He really had nothing to say. What did he have, two albums?” Keith Richards about Mick Jagger’s solo career in GQ
KATIE DOWNS REUNION
“I’m not sure a reunion would be as fulfilling as what we all want it to be.” Katie Holmes shooting down “Dawson’s Creek” reunion rumors in Ocean Drive
STARS’ HELLO AT NELLO
– There was a mixed crowd for lunch at Nello on Tuesday. We’re told Vera Wang was spotted nibbling on white truffles at one table, while two giants of the sporting world greeted each other nearby. Our spy says four-time Super Bowl winning quarterback and Giants star Fran Tarkenton was “seen exchanging pleasantries with” former chess world champion Garry Kasparov.