NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, November 5, 2015, 9:25 PM
Hayden Panettiere is doing well as she works to overcome postpartum depression, her “Nashville” co-star says.
“Nashville” star Hayden Panettiere is no longer singing the postpartum blues.
The 26-year-old actress says she’s doing well nearly a month after checking into a facility to treat her depression, according to her co-star Riley Smith.
Smith, who joined the “Nashville” cast earlier this year, recently texted Panettiere to wish her well — and he was shocked by how quickly the recovering star replied.
She texted me right back and said, ‘I’m awesome, thanks,'” Smith told Us Weekly. “Hopefully she will be back on the set soon.”
Panettiere left “Nashville” to check into the treatment center in October — just 10 months after giving birth to her first child, daughter Kaya.
The actress had revealed one month earlier that she was suffering from the illness during an appearance on Live! With Kelly and Michael, saying the condition is greatly misunderstood.
Riley Smith was surprised how quickly Panettiere responded to his text and told him she was doing well.
“When they tell you about postpartum depression, you think it’s ‘I feel negative feelings towards my child, I want to injure or hurt my child,'” she said on the show. “I’ve never, ever had those feelings. And some women do.”
The actress added that the illness needs to be spoken about more often, considering it affects a large number of women soon after they give birth.
“It’s something that’s completely uncontrollable,” she said. “It’s really painful and it’s really scary and women need a lot of support.”
Panettiere’s character on “Nashville,” Juliette Barnes, coincidentally also suffers from postpartum depression. The show’s writers were forced to scramble to rewrite scripts once Panettiere left for treatment, but her character is still expected to have the condition once the actress returns.
- 1 25 years since Jessie Spano’s caffeine pill meltdown
- 2 Rebel Wilson slams Kendall, Kylie Jenner
- 3 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani fuel romance rumors: report
- 4 Anderson Cooper escapes to Croatia after beau caught cheating
- 5 ‘Empire’ Season 2, Episode 6 recap
- 6 Melissa Mathison, ‘E.T.’ screenwriter, dead at 65
- 7 Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani are officially dating: report
- 8 Halle Berry’s exes slam actress in wake of her third divorce
- 9 EXCLUSIVE PICTURES: Justin Bieber goes for naked swim
- 10 Adriana Campos, husband die in car accident
- 1 George Barris, creator of the Batmobile, dead at 89
- 2 AMC, Cinemark not allowing masks at ‘Star Wars’ showings
- 3 Posada may get the call up at Jeter wedding
- 4 Noel Gallagher slams One Direction, Radiohead, his brother
- 5 Five famous Vivien Leigh flicks worth remembering
- 6 Johnny Fratto, frequent Howard Stern guest, dies of cancer
- 7 Donald Trump had an uncredited ghostwriter for his new book
- 8 ‘Disaster!’ headed to Broadway with star-studded cast
- 9 Malala to Emma Watson: You inspired me to embrace ‘feminism’
- 10 Stefani, Shelton: Not the only work romance